Things Sacred & Profane: New FRC study, Star Wars Nativity, and Evangelical EnvironmentalismPosted: December 14, 2010
- The conservative Family Research Council is jumping into the indices game. It’s soon to be released Index of Family Belonging and Rejection is an attempt to measure the health of families in our society. The study defines an ‘intact family’ as one where “a child’s birth mother and biological father (were) legally married to one another since before or around the time of the child’s birth.”
- Another story at USAToday about the recession’s impact on church collection plates.
- A Star Wars display appears next to a traditional nativity and eight other holiday set ups in a Virginia town.
- Evangelical environmentalism has reached a critical point-how aggressive and how far to the left should it be?
- A historian’s approach to WikiLeaks.